I decided it was time for my own online space. This website is pretty sparse at the moment, but I’ll be adding writing-related content in the future. (What will that look like? Stay tuned!)
In the meantime, here are some of my favorite things:
- I love to sing! I’ve been singing since I joined the church children’s choir when I was five. I’ve gotten to travel a lot with different choral groups – my favorite trip being to Manhattan to perform in Lincoln Center with my university choir. I now serve on our church’s worship team, and it’s one of my favorite things.
- My husband and I live with two Lapponian Herders. (No, we hadn’t heard of the breed either!) There are about 200 dogs in the United States. We found Obi-Wan at our local humane society and thought he was an adorable husky mix. By chance, we connected with the breeder, and learned our sweet boy was born and bred in Sweden! We brought home Neville (Longbottom, of course) six months later.
- I’ve read each book in the Harry Potter series over a dozen times. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of Hogwarts! Learning that JK Rowling is an actual person was what made me realize that “real people” can write books.
- I’m addicted to coffee. I often attribute this to the early influence of Lorelai Gilmore in my adolescence, but yes, there’s often a latte attached to my hand. An iced, half-sweetened Irish Cream latte is the key to my heart.
- I love to bake. It’s in my blood – my mother makes about fifteen family recipes every Christmas, and my late grandmother baked often for her ten children. I can never resist breaking out the flour and sugar whenever I’m feeling stressed.
- I’m a huge fan of Jane Austen. (So much so that I wrote a retelling of Pride & Prejudice.) The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is my favorite Austen adaptation to date, and if you haven’t watched it yet, it’s delightful.
- I have three tattoos: the corner stars from the pages of the Harry Potter books on my foot, the hymn lyric “then sings my soul” on my forearm, and “rattle the stars” from Throne of Glass on my wrist. I’m itching to schedule my next appointment!
- I own every episode of Gilmore Girls, Firefly, and Veronica Mars on DVD.